detail (2 of 2)
Prior to founding TiSCL, and prior
to his management consultancy experience, Neil Thompson fulfilled a variety of
assignments in software development, testing, implementation and management with
two international user organisations, two of the United Kingdom's leading
software houses, and a computer manufacturer.
(International Aeradio Ltd; International Hospitals Group)
Progressed to management role responsible for software staff developing and
maintaining on-line medical information systems for patient administration and
care in a 300-bed Middle Eastern military hospital, using networked
intercommunicating minicomputers. This followed successes in:
- Database Officer role, responsible for collection, protection, integrity,
integration, archiving and retrieval of all computerised medical data; and
- initial position as analyst-programmer with key role in patient care
systems. Was first point of contact for diagnosis
of user and system problems in several areas of the system. Re-wrote and tested
the proprietary database management system,
successfully improving its efficiency and reliability.
(Software Sciences; Hoskyns)
Neil worked for a total of five years on the following projects:
- Specification of enhancements to solicitor's accounting system.
- Evaluation of payroll package.
- Quality assurance for a defence project, using an analytic tool for
controlled requirements expression.
- Specification, design and development of trustee accounting system for
securities and investments, using data dictionary and Michael Jackson
structured programming methodology.
- Project management of the implementation and enhancement of computer
typesetting systems for three branches of a large local newspaper group, using
on-line photo-typesetting machines. Supervision of system and acceptance
testing, and assistance with client operator and system manager training.
- Design and programming of parts of a multi-million pound real-time air
traffic control system.
- Development of order processing and accounting system for a chemical
wholesale company. Was selected to be sole on-site maintenance representative.
- Programming and testing of accounting system for UKís largest air freight
forwarders. Was later retained as consultant on enhancing the system.
Sales and support of hardware and software packages for small businesses in
various sectors. Neilís role included the definition of client requirements, and
tailoring of the packaged software.
of this page]
© Thompson information
Systems Consulting Ltd 1998-2002